CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Out Live Your Life by Max Lucado

This is a wonderful book. I am reading it for the second time. I borrowed it from our county library and have to return it Monday. I am thinking it is one I want for myself, so I can mark things and make notes in it.

Out Live Your Life: You Were Made to Make A Difference
This book makes you really think. Our culture has messed with our minds so much that we think we are doing what God wants, but we are far from that. God can use you and me. Look at what Jesus used--tax-collector, fishermen, women, etc. There was nothing special about the disciples. They were blue collar workers, ditch diggers, housewives, people like you and me. We also need to get away from I, me, mine. It is all, us, ours.

Max talks about us getting back to the church as it was in the first twelve chapters of Acts. In Acts 1:8, Jesus calls all of us to be His witness. Not just Peter, or John, or Mary, He calls all of us. We all have to do our part. There are no personal pronouns used.

Max tells us in simple terms. God take ordinary people and uses them in extraordinary ways. He did it in the past and He can do it today. Max show us a way to use our God-given talents that can change us forever.

Please read this book. You will be glad you did.

2 comments:

Michelle DeRusha

I know what you mean -- I always try to borrow books from the library first. Then, if it's a good one, I may decide to buy it so I can write in the margins and underline. Believe it or not, I have never read anything by Max Lucando. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to see if my library has it this week!

Anonymous

I loved this book!

I so agree with your comments. I love how God uses the ordinary to do the extraordinary. Max did a great job in helping us all see that we have a role to play in this - God's work.

Thanks,
Kim

Post a Comment