CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Books I Have Been Reading

In the past several weeks, I have been reading or re-reading several Christmas books.

The best one was a new one for me, “A Bethlehem Christmas” by Charles R. Swindoll. Chuck takes the very familiar Christmas story and writes it as if he were the personality in the events. He starts with Mary, then moves to Joseph and finishes with the angel, Gabriel. The way he does it opened my eyes and led my imagination in a way that I saw this story in such a different way. It made me see things and make them even more unforgettable. If you have time, I’d advise you to read this different take on the Christmas story.

I also re-read “The 12 Ways of Christmas” by David Jeremiah. I think this made my 3rd time to read this book. We all need to be reminded of the 12 truths of Christmas that we get so busy preparing for the event that we forget what the event is really about.  David reminds us about things like wonder, giving, humility, simplicity, reflection, and even traditions. The candor and wisdom, David, reflects God’s ways of Christmas into our own hearts and makes us become closer to the true reason of this special time of year.

Finally, I re-read Rick Warren’s “The Purpose of Christmas”. This was a 2nd time to read this book, but I was reminded so much of why I need to be celebrating now. God sent His Son to come to earth to grow and lead the people until His death on a cross where He shed His blood to save me from death. This book is well worth taking the time to read.


0 comments:

Post a Comment